##

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Maids


The mighty Toestubber beat me to the punch on this record by a couple of months, but since those tracks were gone I decided to go ahead and rehash. The Maids were from Berkeley, CA and released this lone single in 1979. End of story. Actually that aint the end of the story at. In fact, the whole sordid story of the band, their single, and the legion of collector scum can be found right here. In the LA Weekly article an incredulous John McCormick (singer and guitarist) asks a fan why the record was so in demand, to which the fan responds: "I'm not sure, but it's a rocking a-side. nice fuzzed out guitar". I won't argue that - the guitar has a beautifully filthy sound, the drums are crazy, and both tracks are smoking. As a result, boths cuts from the Maids Maids in Bataan have been included in the KBD series (at this point what hasn't?) Great stuff.

The Maids - Back To Bataan.mp3
The Maids - I Do, I Do.mp3