##

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Laughing Hyenas


Completing the string of inter-related posts I figured why not write another post on one of my Touch & Go faves, the Laughing Hyenas? The bands albums You Can't Pray a Lie and Life of Crime are still in regular rotation in my house, though this set of tracks comes from the later era of the band. Covers - Stolen Tapes 92-94 isn't an official release, rather a double 7" boot of studio and live covers performed by the band. What you get is a studio version of the Scientists "Solid Gold Hell", a live version of the Troggs "I Want You Right Now", a studio take on the Rolling Stones "Under My Thumb" and a live cover of John Lee Hooker's "Serves Me Right To Suffer". Sure, this isn't the Hyenas at there most potent. Still, you get a nice dose of Larissa Strickland's guitar and John Brannon's patented roar.

Laughing Hyenas - Solid Gold Hell.mp3
Laughing Hyenas - I Want You Right Now.mp3
Laughing Hyenas - Under My Thumb.mp3
Laughing Hyenas - Serves Me Right To Suffer.mp3