##

Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans Day Mix

My father is a Vietnam veteran who lost his leg in the war. When I was kid my mom and I would accompany him to the local VA hospital whenever he needed to have his artificial leg examined or replaced. I was always struck by the message that graced the entrance of the hospital:

The Price of Freedom Can Be Seen Here


It's stuck with me ever since. Every Veterans Day I can't help but think of my father, my grandfathers (WWII vets), my uncles (Korea) and friends (Desert Storm). Regardless of my opinions on the current state of affairs I have nothing but the utmost respect for the men and women who serve their country. Some of these songs may may not reflect this, but take them with a grain of salt.

from 1987's Jettison LP
Naked Raygun - Soldiers Requiem.mp3

from 1988's Don't Tread On Me LP
Anti-Heros - National Debt.mp3

From their 1980 first 7" and Bloodstains Across The Midwest
Toxic Reasons - War Hero.mp3

from 1988's Fizzjob LP
Didjits - Plate In My Head.mp3

from 1982's World Full of Hate 12"
Fartz - Viet-Vet.mp3

from their split LP with Faith
Void - War Hero.mp3

from their 1982 Fall In 12"
RF7 - Viet Vets.mp3

Any other "soldier" songs out there?