##

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Lunchmeat/Mission Impossible

As promised a couple of weeks ago here is the split release with Lunchmeat and Mission Impossible. I don't have a lot of info on the release and the bands beyond the basics: 3/4 of Lunchmeat went on to form Soulside, while Mission Impossible has the distinction of being Dave Grohl's first band. The split was alternately titled Thanks (1st press of 500) and Getting Shit For Growing Up Different (2nd Press of 1000) and was a joint effort between DC labels Sammich and Dischord (Dischord 17.5). I dubbed this from a friend many years ago and hadn't listened to the tracks again until I found it on Soulseek awhile ago. It honestly doesn't hold up as well as I remembered, but it has it's moments. Judge for yourself:

Lunchmeat - Looking Around.mp3
Lunchmeat - No Need.mp3
Lunchmeat - Under The Glare.mp3
Mission Impossible - Helpless.mp3
Mission Impossible - Am I Alone.mp3
Mission Impossible - Into Your Shell.mp3


As usual, please let me know of any corrections or additional info