##

Monday, November 21, 2005

Identify The Mystery Tracks

I think we've all come across a song or two from the past that has captured our attention but about which we know nothing. The dreaded "mystery track", artist and title unknown. I've had a couple of people ask me about such tracks and usually I'm pretty fucking useless when it comes to helping. So here's your chance to identify a couple of songs and bask in the accolades that will surely follow. The person who sent these to me indicated they were taped from a WFMU show circa 1986. The first track is aggro punk rock, kinda Brit sounding, with lyrics involving a "Rock and Roll Nurse". I'm stumped. As for track number 2, I've convinced myself that it is a Volcano Suns song, but I can't place it anywhere. Take a listen and help us figure this out.

Track #1
"Rock and Roll Nurse"

Track #2
"So Civilized"

If anyone else has any tracks they need help identifying please send them on. If there is interest this type of post can become a regular (semi) feature here. Thanks to Curt for the songs and the suggestion.

###############################################
Update: Tracks have been identified - #1 is "Emergency Room" by The Worst. #2 is "Animals" by the Volcano Suns

If you have any additional unidentified tracks then please submit them using the contact info on the right. Thanks!