##

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Weird Lovemakers


As much as I hate to admit it, the Weird Lovemakers were a band I took a chance on simply because of the name. I mean, how could I resist? Most of the time these gambles don't pay off, but this one was a definite score. Tucson's Weird Lovemakers play high energy, high speed songs that are short, catchy, and sometimes just downright strange. Between 1994 and 2000 these guys released 5 albums of adolescent geek rock, two of which I didn't know existed until I began researching this post. Guitarist Jason Willis and drummer Gerard Schumacher are currently keeping time with the very cool Knockout Pills. Enjoy

From 1996's Electric Chump
Weird Lovemakers - I Hate Rock & Roll.mp3
Weird Lovemakers - Smells Like Rain.mp3


From 1998's Flu Shot
Weird Lovemakers - Jet Boy Helena.mp3
Weird Lovemakers - Gotta Gotta Get Some.mp3


Notes:

  • Official Weird Lovemakers site
  • Buy Weird Lovemakers releases
  • Photo from band page at Empty Records