##

Monday, May 23, 2005

CIA

I'll begin with what has seemingly become the default introduction to so many of these posts on this site: "There doesn't appear to be a great deal of information on 'insert band name here'. Here is what I know...". Todays fill in the blank is Connecticut hardcore band CIA. I find myself still enjoying the music of CIA and fellow Connecticut bands Vatican Commandos, Seizure and Reflex From Pain. I don't know if it is a function of geographic location, but so many of these bands were able to deliver some solid music sans the militancy and thuggery of the bigger scenes north and south along the I-95 corridor. (NY and Boston) CIA's debut 7" God, Guts, Guns is fine example of hardcore circa 1983. 6 tracks full of hectic, big guitar, no bullshit tuneage. After this release the guitarist and vocalist would leave to form 76% Uncertain. CIA continued on with new recruits to release an LP that, while not bad, didn't really deliver on the potential of the 7". A couple of tracks:

from God, Guts, Guns 7"
CIA - Who Cares & Death.mp3
CIA - Love and War.mp3
CIA - No Thrills.mp3


and for illustration purposes heres one from CIA LP released in 1985
CIA - Red Coats.mp3

As far as I know this is all out of print. Correct me if I'm wrong.