##

Friday, April 29, 2005

iPod Mix #1


So I've kind of backed myself into a corner given my Friday routine of posting a theme based mix or writing up a compilation. I was having trouble coming up with a theme this week, and nothing in the comp department was jumping out at me. This dearth of creativity has caused me to turn to my last resort: The iPod. Here's the plan. I set it to shuffle all songs and hope for the best. The first 6 songs get posted. This can go either way - a cool mix or a fucking disaster. Today everything came up pretty solid. Enjoy:

Pixies - Head On.mp3
a decent cut from 1993's underappreciated finale Trompe Le Monde

Television - Friction.mp3
not my favorite song off of this album, but like most of Marquee Moon it shows off that intertwined guitar noodling Television is famous for

Cheater Slicks - Used Illusions.mp3
from the excellent double set Forgive Thee

Wipers - Doom Town.mp3
one of my favorites from 1983's Over The Edge. If you don't already have the 3 disc box set compiling the early albums then do yourself a favor and get it now.

FM Knives - Down The Street.mp3
a mellow, poppy blast from their lone LP, 2003's Useless and Modern

At the Drive-In - Proxima Centauri.mp3
a sonic scream fest from ATDI's 1999 EP Vaya