##

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Take This Job and Shove It

Finally, an end to this strange and stressful work week. I could write a detailed diatribe about everything I hate about my job: my greedy employer, the increasing workload, the unrealistic deadlines, the shifting priorities, the lack of respect shown to the worker bees, etc. No, fuck it, I'm much too tired and I'm sure no one truly cares. I expect it's the same all over - for most of us work just sucks, serving as nothing more than an unfulfilling, unrewarding means to pay the bills. There is no real way around it. Here's a couple expressing the joys of working life:

Queers - I Don't Wanna Work.mp3
from 1984's Kicked Out of the Webelos 7".

Kraut - Unemployment.mp3
From 1982's An Adjustment to Society LP

Beefeater - Need A Job.mp3
From their 1986 12" Need a Job. Released on the Olive Tree label

Big Boys - Work.mp3
The closing track from 1985's posthumous LP No Matter How Long the Line is at the Cafeteria There is Always a Seat

Butthole Surfers - I Hate My Job.mp3
From the 1983 Texas punk compilation Cottage Cheese From the Lips of Death