##

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

76% Uncertain

My plumbing problem is temporarily under control ( and that isn't a euphemism for anything else ), so I'm back at it.

76% Uncertain - Blackout.mp3
Some overlooked hardcore from the great state of Connecticut. I received an email last week suggesting some 76% Uncertain and I was more than happy to oblige. "Blackout" is from the 1984 album Estimated Monkey Time, one of 16 songs of diverse, energetic hardcore. I wish I had more storage, there are so many deserving tracks.

76% Uncertain - Critic.mp3
"Critic" is from the 1986 album Nothing But Love Songs. As a whole, the album isn't quite as good as EMT. Some songs are a bit more experimental than the first and the production seems thinner, but it still is a pretty enjoyable listen. After slogging through all of the straight edge soundalikes last week this is a breath of fresh air.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to rip the bands final effort Hunka Hunka Burnin' Log, interesting, inventive late 80's hardcore ( 3 guitars, fer crying out loud!). Luckily, the band is active again after so many dormant years, with plans to record and gig. Perhaps their catalog will be eventually reissued? At the moment everything seems to be out of print.

Until the albums are available we'll have to live with the assortment of free mp3's available from the band's download page!