##

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Zero Boys - Blood's Good 7"

I was never really big on the Zero Boys. Vicious Circle was always hailed as a lost classic, a legendary hardcore record made by the best band to never get out of the Midwest. When I first heard it a 15 years ago I could only scratch my head and go "huh?". Poppy hardcore, a bit pedestrian for my tastes. Some great songs ( "Civilization's Dying", "Living in the '80's") but generally kind of lackluster. Given that I'm not sure why I took a chance on the split 7" with Toxic Reasons that was released on Selfless Records. Needless to say I'm glad that I did. This was a harder, rougher Zero Boys, featuring tracks recorded after Vicious Circle for a never released album. "Blood's Good" is a ripper, opening with a rumbling bass and drum line before a thick guitar riff kicks in, this song is way over the top. A classic. "Blood's Good" and the 5 other tracks from these sessions were booted onto a 7" around the same time as the Selfless release. My favorites:

Zero Boys - Blood's Good.mp3
Zero Boys - Black Network News.mp3
Zero Boys - Seen That Movie.mp3

>> Buy Zero Boys releases
>> As far as I know this material is out of print. If I'm wrong please let me know