##

Monday, August 09, 2004

Yer F*%#king Up My Tunnel Vision

I was in the mood for something new(ish) today. Hopefully you are too.

FM Knives - 20/20.mp3
I was listening to this in the car this morning trying to think of some way to describe the FM Knives with out invoking the Buzzcocks. It can't be done. In my mind it sounds like Pete Shelly singing for the Boys ( or Pagans, depending upon the song ) with the drummer from the Cosmic Psychos sitting in. Does that help? Nah, I didn't think so. This is from the Sacremento based group's 2003 album Useless and Modern. 35 minutes of incendiary pop-punk with a definite edge. I don't know what it is about this CD that keeps me playing it over and over - the catchy vocals, wiry guitar, the constant cymbal play, I dunno. As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of poppy music, as most of it is too cloyingly sweet for my unrefined palette. But sometimes something just sticks out.
I've heard a rumor that the band is no longer together. Can anyone confirm?

The band has a couple of freebies on their website, so do check them out.