##

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Quicksand - Dine Alone

yeah, I know this track isn't any kind of overlooked gem or some great ignored band, but I act on my every whim. I was out of town for work last night. As I sat alone at the bar eating dinner this track came to mind for obvious reasons.

Quicksand - Dine Alone.mp3
track taken from 1993's full length Slip has Quicksand showcasing some choice post-hardcore. Quicksand should be familiar to all, releasing a classic 7" on Revelation and two excellent full lengths major label (Polydor and Island, maybe? ) that sound taut and powerful 10 years later. Quicksand epitomized the sea change of early 90's hardcore away from moshable tough guy crap to a slower, complex, and more atmospheric songcraft. In short, the hardcore kids (band included members of Gorilla Biscuits and Beyond ) began to grow up and leave their old toys behind.