##

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I Want To ( Do Everything )

An interesting tie-in. Tim Kerr was in yesterday's band ( the big boys )in the 80's and todays band, The King Sound Quartet, in the late 90's



King Sound Quartet- I Want To.mp3
The King Sound Quartet were a studio project conceived in the late 90's with the aforementioned Tim Kerr, Mick Collins ( of Dirtbombs, Gories, Screws, etc. ) and members of Blacktop and Sugar Shack. KSQ released a single on Estrus and mini LP - "Get Down Imperative" on In the Red ( vinyl only ). A Mix of blues, punk, jazz, and soul, the "Get Down Imperative" was 6 song effort featuring covers of Sun Ra, Government Issue, and the above song, originally performed by Joe Tex. "I Want To" is powerhouse soul - Mick Collins vocals are a true thing of beauty here, and Tim Kerr's guitar provides just enough of a down and dirty sound. I put this song on every mix tape/CD I made in the late 90's, and I still sing along with it every time I hear it.

If you like it ( or don't ) let me know with a comment. I'm always interested in what others have to say about my favs.